Dear Prayer Partners,
Joy to the world, the Lord is come, let Earth receive her King!
Advent Blessings to all of you as we prepare to celebrate our Savior’s arrival as a baby on earth. In humility we offer Him all glory, honor and praise as we share Him and His light with those we encounter. I’m praying you encounter Him in a new and fresh way this season, and delight in praying for revival and reconciliation to Him and all people to call on Him as our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace! God has promised us His light, Jesus, to shine on us who are living in the shadow of death; to give hope and deliver all people from sin, death and the devil. Let us pray that over our family and friends who don’t know Him, and for NYC and the Tri-State area as LPA proclaims the Good News there!
Praise for NYC
- Last month we prayed for multiple youth outreaches in Connecticut. God was faithful! Between school assemblies, meetings in group homes, prison services, church services, and the final event, where Andrew Palau spoke to more than 500 students at a youth rally, more than 4,000 people were touched by the Gospel!
- Thank God as He continues to provide open doors to meet with pastors and city officials throughout the Tri-State area. God is raising up local churches to join with one another and serve their community in Jesus’ name. He is also raising up government agencies and officials who support CityServe & CityFest efforts to reach out to the community.
Pray for NYC
- Pray that as the people of NYC and the Tri-State area await Christmas, their hearts will be turned toward Jesus, not only His birth, but the salvation He offers to all! May the hearts of the people be prepared for the many efforts underway to share this Good News in these days and the months to come.
- Wendy Palau will be speaking at an Outreach Tea for women in Queens and Brooklyn this Saturday, Dec. 6th. Wendy will be sharing her testimony and giving a Gospel invitation to over 500 women!
- Kevin Palau is having lunch with more than 30 key pastors from Manhattan on December 9. Together they will dream of what they can do to serve, learn from, and encourage one another.
- Pray for Tom Mueller as he takes over church relations duties in Westchester County.
- Pray for Korean pastors in Flushing, Queens to partner with NY CityServe & CityFest.
- Peace and unity in the hearts of leaders in NYC, in the midst of many local challenges due to current racial tensions in the United States. Pray also for continued understanding among the different cultures and language groups represented on the leadership team, advisory council, and LPA staff.
- Pray for more business leaders to own the vision locally, helping with funding and other opportunities to engage.
- Pray for the promotion of Re:New, Feb. 10-13. Re:New is a collection of one-night gatherings, where thousands of believers are challenged to know their God-given calling to take part in changing lives. Luis and Francis Chan will speak and Passion will lead worship. We are challenging every pastor to get as many of their people there as possible. This has set a strong foundation for other LPA Festivals. We anticipate it will do the same in NYC!
- Pray for the right venue location, dates, and financing.
- Pray for the Lord to lead us to the right Public Relations Agency. Team members are seeking guidance on this before the end of the year so we will be ready to kick off a large-scale advertising campaign.
- Pray for unity among churches in the Bronx. Pray for more momentum with CityServe. Pray for a potentially huge outreach being looked at for the summer on Orchard Beach where tens of thousands convene.
- Pray for a big CityServe project in New Jersey being planned for February that involves 8,000 volunteers. Pray also for clarity in direction on CityServe and new open doors for regional evangelistic outreaches.
Help us grow the team!
Thank you for joining us in prayer as we ask God to move in new ways this month! Please consider how you might gather others to pray alongside you- beseeching God for nationwide revival beginning in New York and spreading to your very own town! When God’s people gather together, He moves! So let’s sound the battle cry for more to join in this fight for our nation. Consider:
- 2015 a new year, so let’s claim it as the Year of the Lord in NYC and the USA! Consider putting a note in your Christmas card with information on how to join the team for the new year.
- Join us on social media to get timely prayer prompts, quick reports of praise and words of encouragement. Share these with your friends to raise awareness of what God is doing.
- Encouraging your church to get involved with this national prayer effort! Do you have a Bible study or prayer group that might be interested in praying together? Is there an upcoming holiday event, winter retreat, or other women’s gathering where you might share the vision or have printed materials available for women to collect and respond to? We would be happy to work with you and provide materials! Contact NWPT for more information.
A blessed Christmas season to you and your families. In this season of Advent, as we await the celebration of our Savior's birth, may we also look eagerly toward what He will do in the months to come, in New York and in our Nation!
Praying with you,
The people who walk in darkness will see a great light. For those who live in a land of deep darkness a light will shine… For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on His shoulders and He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace… Isaiah 9:2-7