Dear Prayer Partners,
I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; They will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth. Isaiah 62: 6,7
On October 22, I had the pleasure of being in New York City and was able to spend the entire day being a watchman, going on a prayer tour covering all 9 of our regions of New York City. Our prayer walk took us to two potential festival sites--the Great Lawn at Central Park and Flushing Meadows in Queens--as well as Fulton St. in Manhattan, where Jeremiah Lanphier began his great revival back in 1857. A central theme as we travelled was prayer for unity and healing of the Church body.
We were happy to meet with many prayer partners and intercessors along the way--what a joy it was to connect with them! There are wonderful people in New York City who love Jesus, and I’m humbled by their prayers and burdened hearts for their city and our nation. It was a powerful time, and I wish you all could have come with us!
Lord, hear our prayers for your Church. We pray for restoration, so that you and your Word would be welcomed and received by all!
Prayer for New York City
- Pray for the first regional outreach in Connecticut on November 7 with Andrew Palau. This event is a youth-focused outreach with Andrew, American Idol Season 6 finalist Phil Stacey and L27, a British hip hop band hailing from Manchester, U.K.
- Pray for Kevin Palau's trip to Manhattan beginning on November 10, in which he will meet with local pastors and key CityServe leaders.
- Pray for key vision-casting meetings in on November 6, 19, and 22 in Brooklyn.
- Pray for God to continue to raise up leaders to champion and advance the NY CityServe & CityFest vision.
- Pray for 50 consultations around the Tri-State area for pastors and leaders.
- Pray for the prayer and financial resources needed to under-gird this effort.
- Pray for the Re:New Conferences with Luis and Francis Chan in February, and for the youth training rallies in March.
- Pray for clarity and permission for the festival site. The NY CityServe & CityFest team has applied for permits for the Great Lawn (Central Park) in Manhattan and Flushing Meadows in Queens. Pray for favor and open doors for both sites.
- Pray for the Gospel to penetrate every sector and level of society in New York City, inculding Wall Street, the Media, Government, Sports, Fashion, Youth, Education, Art, etc.
Thank you for your prayers and for your heart for New York City and our Nation!
Praying with you,
Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12