TRUSTING IN JESUS!
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight” Proverbs 3:5-6.
Dear Praying Friends,
Proverbs 3:5-6 is one of my favorites. It was my and my husband’s wedding text 38 years ago, and remains my life verse. It’s never let me down. It’s a promise I have clung to and will continue to do so! So when there’s tough times and the road is hard, I’m choosing to trust in Him with all my heart. I put my faith in Him to carry me through. When I step out in faith and trust Him, I’m taking Him at His Word! I can do that because His Word is true, it’s light, it’s life!
Having said that, I’m still in denial that Luis is ill.
How can this be happening when he walks so closely with God, and in my humble and human opinion, has so much more to do in mentoring and teaching us before the Lord takes him to his heavenly home. Then it’s time to remind myself of Proverbs 3:5-6 again…. I need to trust in the Lord with – not some – but ALL of my heart and lean not on my understanding. I need to have faith to know that we worship an Almighty, Sovereign God who is so much bigger than our finite understanding. I need to remember Romans 8:28; that He works ALL things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose (not ours)! Even in a fallen world, He knows what’s best!
There’s an old hymn by Frances Havergal that I love. I’ll paraphrase for you: I am trusting Thee Lord Jesus, trusting only thee. Trusting thee for salvation and pardon, full of grace and mercy. Trusting thee for cleansing to make me holy. Trusting thee for guidance to supply my needs. Trusting thee for power because Your Word prevails. Trusting Him to never let me fall, trusting thee forever because He’s my all in all.
So let’s all trust Him and PRAY!
Pray for a miracle of complete healing in Luis’ body. Pray for Pat, the family and the entire Palau staff; that they can lean on His understanding and acknowledge Him to make their path straight. Pray for God’s strength to carry the Palau team on, though Satan would love for them to stop sharing the Good News. Pray for a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit as the gospel continues to shine from this ministry worldwide. Open the regional reports before for more details on how to pray for them!
Trusting Jesus with You,
“He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord” Psalm 112:7.
PRAISES & PRAYERS
- Luis has started chemo treatment on Wednesdays; please pray for his strength, health, and complete healing.
- A movie has been in the works on the life on Luis, to be released later this year. As they complete the filming, please pray that it be well received and God be glorified.
- We praise God for the opportunities He has provided this month: Andrew and Francis Chan spoke at the Re:NEW Gathering in Eugene encouraging local believers with excitement for this summer’s CityFest in Eugene.
- We also look ahead and praise God for the upcoming Pastor’s Conference in Bogotá, Colombia this month and the Re:NEW Gathering in Grand Rapids on March 1.
- MAY- São Paulo, Brazil
- JULY- Eugene, Oregon
- AUGUST- Bogotá, Colombia
- SEPTEMBER- Grand Rapids, Michigan
In addition, there are City Gospel Movements (CGM) and multiple Next Generation Alliance (NGA) events happening worldwide, as well as TV specials and daily radio programs presenting the Gospel!
REGIONAL PRAYER REPORTS
Please open and pray for the people and events represented:
- Africa | Thanking the Lord for the harvest in Cote d'Ivoire and looking ahead for outreach opportunities | Report
- Asia | Celebrating new Easter book draft and looking ahead to potential outreach opportunities | Report
- North America | Multiple opportunities throughout the United States to pray for and rejoice over | Report
- Europe | Praise and prayer for upcoming opportunities in the United Kingdom | Report
- Central & South America | Looking forward to Colombia and Mexico and many NGA outreaches throughout other countries | Report
- Caribbean | Continued prayers for islands devastated by storms and potential Cuba opportunity | Report
Please forward this email to your praying friends and invite them to join us. They can sign up at www.nationalprayerteam.org to receive future emails and prayer requests. If it helps, print out the requests and keep them in a spot where you’ll remember to pray. (It helps me!)
Thank you for joining us in prayer, trusting in our Lord for all things. Your prayers are coveted for Luis as he battles cancer and we ask Jesus for complete healing of his body, that God would be gloried! Andrew and the rest of the Palau team need your prayers too as they, with Luis continue to proclaim the Gospel!
“Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.” Psalm 9:10.