Hello fellow prayer warriors,
We have lots to pray about this month on behalf of The Bronx and Levi Park!
This month the focus of our prayer has been on intercession. Would you believe me if I said you could reverse God's impending judgement? In Deuteronomy, Aaron disobeyed and made a gold calf for people to worship after God had given his commandment to worship no other gods. As a consequence, Aaron was going to be destroyed, but Moses prayed for him and he was spared. That is what happens when we intercede. As we pray for loved ones who don't know Christ as Savior and Lord, we are making definite petitions on behalf of definite persons with definite difficulties. The power and authority to reverse impending judgment comes not from our own righteousness, but solely on God's great love and determination. He is patient so no one will perish. Then He does the unthinkable, again, and gives us the awesome title of "royal priests!"
We have much to give thanks for:
1. God called us out of the darkness into His wonderful light and gave us the awesome title of "royal priests."
2. Hebrews 7:24-25 But because Jesus lives forever, his priesthood lasts forever. Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.
3. Praise God for February’s Re:New conferences in the Bronx & 3 other boroughs. Francis Chan, Luis Palau and the Passion Band challenged over 8,500 people to be "Re:New"ed; to deepen their walk with God, partner with fellow believers, and make an eternal difference in their homes and communities.
4. Praise God for this past week when 4000 youth were challenged with the reality of the Gospel and making a difference for Christ at the For This City events in 3 boroughs.
5. Praise as Luis met with people from the Associated Press, Fox News and others last week.
Pray with us:
1. For the remainder of the advertising plan as it comes together. Pray for favor, great opportunities, and for wise negotiations. Also, pray for creativity in messaging.
2. Pray for the press release going out to the secular media regarding Central Park. May it be well received and draw people to these places where they can experience Jesus. Ask that God would open hearts of the mainstream media beginning now.
3. Pray for a new admin assistant for Levi, our Bronx Church Relations Director.
4. Ask God for unity among churches in the Bronx. That the Holy Spirit would tear down attitudes of competition and dissension among pastors, drawing them together for greater Kingdom impact.
5. Pray for the church coordinators, Arabia and Efrain.
6. Direction and wisdom for the upcoming regional outreaches in the Bronx.
7. Pray for the details of the regional outreach on June 6 at St. Mary’s.
8. Pray for an Easter Egg Hunt Outreach in the South Bronx.