Dear Praying Women in the Northwest,
As we pray for Staten Island, I wanted to first ask you to earnestly pray for a request we received from a pastor in Staten Island. Tragedy has struck the lives of many this past week and we want to seek God on behalf of those effected and their community that desperately needs the light of Jesus!
From the Pastor:
“Last week two young men died tragically near our church in separate instances. Services for both young men will be held this week at our church (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday). There may be several hundred people at each service.
I can't even explain how much I need your prayers for God's Holy Spirit to fall on those gatherings. There is so much hopelessness in the hearts of kids in the community. Pray for God to raise up a mighty army from this valley of dry bones.”
Praying sisters, let us pray for the power of God to sweep through this church as many who need Jesus gather in despair, anger and hopelessness. May God replace these things with His grace, forgiveness, and hope.
Thank you for being on your knees at this vital time. God is blessed when we raise our voices together!
Please keep reading, for further updates on Staten Island and the NYC Gospel Movement.
Greetings from the Northwest Region! Things are really heating up as we move closer to spring. Please check out the National Women's Prayer Team Facebook page for more current updates about the happenings in the New York City area-it is super exciting to see how God is moving!
Points of Praise
- There are over 1500 people now part of the National Women's Prayer Team, praying all over the U.S. for New York CityServe and CityFest! That is wonderful. We want to continue to pray for more to come alongside us to lift up this ongoing event. Much is happening right now, and will continue for months to come. We are asking the Lord to send out workers into the harvest. Matthew 9:38
- The Re:New Conferences held this past week in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn and New Jersey were an amazing blessing. These meetings had overflow crowds and people were challenged and renewed. This will surely be a catalyst of inspiration as we head into the many months of ministry ahead!
Points for Prayer
- Pray for the planning of the Mini Festival taking place April 24-26 on Staten Island featuring Andrew Palau and the band LZ7. There will be a Friday night youth event, a park outreach and proclamation on Saturday, and again on Sunday, April 26.
- Pray as the school administrators are contacted about holding school assemblies the week leading up to the Mini Festival, that they would be approved and welcomed.
- Pray for each detail of this weekend event, that the Lord would guide and direct their planning, and give them favor with those in charge.
- Continue to pray for unity and peace in Staten Island, in a time of difficulty and division. Pray for unity between churches and ministries, as well as between those not yet involved in this ministry and those being ministered to.
- Pray for more churches to join in and see the vision for their community. "Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness." James 3:18.
- As always, lift up Tom Mueller, our Church Relations Director for Staten Island, among many other responsibilities. Pray for health, safety and protection, energy and stamina in all he has before him. Pray for encouragement and rest, too. We also pray for his wife and children, and for their health and protection. Pray that his family will feel our Lord very close to them.
Thank you, dear women who are praying for all these needs, and for unspoken needs as well. "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Matthew 9:37-38.
Blessings to you-
NWPT Northwest Regional Prayer Coordinator