Dear Prayer Warriors,
Yesterday, I attended the Second Term Inaugural Prayer Service for Tennessee Governor, Bill Haslam, held in the historic Ryman Auditorium. The service was amazing for many reasons, the program, it's participants, and the venue. The Ryman is a beautiful old church in the middle of downtown Nashville. It is the original home to the Grand Ole Opry and known as the Mother Church of Country Music. The origin and history of the Ryman were born out of an intriguing story of revival in 1885. You can learn more here.
The prayer service included performers who each sang a solo, the last one was Amy Grant. When she came out, she said that she had never done this before but she would like to pray in addition to singing her song, which would be El Shaddai. She then invited everyone who could squeeze between the pews (very little knee room in between rows) to join her in kneeling to pray for our Governor and the state of Tennessee. The venue was packed and most were on their knees. This was so powerful and reminded me of the power of prayer and what we are doing in praying for New York City. So be encouraged ladies, keep on praying with expectation for New York City and all the possibilities, opportunities for the Festival to bring Jesus' love and forgiveness to a city and nation in great need.
Thank you for lifting up the borough of Queens. As always please remember Tim Innes, Festival Director and his sweet family, as he is working many hours. 2 Corinthians 9:10-11 says, “For God is the one who provides seed for the farmer and then bread to eat. In the same way, he will provide and increase your resources and then produce a great harvest of generosity in you. Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous. And when we take your gifts to those who need them, they will thank God.” Please pray for seed to be sown in preparation for the harvest!
Specific requests for Queens are:
• Pray for Jake Zaske and the Astoria churches in preparation for an Easter Outreach.
• Pray for pastors and workers in Queens: Ted Gandy, Joel Sadapphal, Nicole Edness, Rich Villotas, Adam and Michael Durso, Daniel Rachman, Greg Woo, Bishop Roderick Casesar.
• Mother's Day Outreach with Greater Allen AME, which will minister to moms dealing with loss.
• School assemblies and prison outreach coming in April.
• Mike Doyle and park outreaches being planned for April.
• John Boyd Tent Crusade in early July- right before CP festival. First night Luis, second night Andrew
• Luis and Andrew for opportunities to speak in the eight larger churches in NYC in final four weeks. May God open doors!
• Pray for a possible outreach with the Latin LPA team at Flushing Meadows.
• Pray for joy and awareness for each believer in winning others for Christ.
• Communications on every front to be complete and God-honoring.
• Please pray for women to step up as prayer state coordinators in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Kentucky.
Thank you for your partnership. God bless you all!
James 3:18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness. Lord we pray this for the New York City Festival workers. Let it be so.