Greetings Praying Friends in the South,
Advent blessings to each of you! As you anticipate the celebration of our Savior’s birth, may you be blessed with peace and joy in your hearts that reflects the true wonder of Jesus.
Thank you for taking time in your busy holiday schedule to continue to lift New York, specifically Queens, before our Lord. We know that He is honored. Our prayer is that, come this time next year, there will be many, many more people celebrating Jesus and the salvation He offers for all! We are asking God to work wonders, starting in NYC and flooding through our nation. How different might this season look if we were in the midst of National Revival?!
As we near the New Year and the festival approaches, let us praise God for what He is doing. All around New York pastors and church leaders are meeting, dreaming and casting vision for what a unified effort to share Christ both practically and evangelistically might look like in their neighborhoods. Praise God for how He is drawing people together and revealing His plan!
Please also praise God for Wendy Palau’s opportunity to share with over 500 women from Queens & Brooklyn this past month. In Wendy’s words, "It was absolutely beautiful. Truly. The room was packed to overflowing... There was a spirit of joy, celebration and expectation. I felt such freedom in the Spirit to speak like never before."
• Joel Sadappahl as he works with area pastors to build unity, enthusiasm and involvement.
• Ted Gandy who has been an amazing support. Ted has been in NYC for over 25 years and works with CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ). He is dedicating almost all of his time to helping mobilize believers.
• Krystin, Tim Innes' new assistant in NYC. She is supporting the work in Queens.
• Mike Doyle who is planning 3 - 4 park outreaches in the spring. These are being shaped to appeal to families in the city.
• God to identify schools to team up with on partnerships and school assemblies which may then lead to outreach events and service.
• A Mother's Day outreach with Allen AME a large African American church where we hope to gather 300-500 women who have experienced loss to encourage and share the Good News.
• Our partnership with John Boyd, who has an annual tent crusade and is inviting us to partner with him in this.
• Wisdom on integrating the Latino LPA team and English speaking LPA team as we minister with one purpose.
• A possible children's outreach with Promise Church taking a key role. This would be a large ministry opportunity to the Korean population in the area.
• As we pursue an Easter outreach in Astoria with a number of churches.
As we anticipate all God will do in response, thank you for your prayers! May you enjoy this Christmas season and recognize Jesus in your everyday.
South Region, Praying for Queens