TASTE AND SEE!
“Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him” (Psalm 34:8).
Do you live to eat or do you eat to live? My home – Portland Oregon – is one of the most varied food cities in the country. Food gives us such pleasure doesn’t it? It alerts our senses. The smells. The tastes. It is to be savored and enjoyed, especially in good company with friends and family. However, as life-giving as food is, it’s not always nourishing. We can over indulge, eat food that’s bad for us, become gluttonous and need relief.
In Matthew 4:4, Jesus rebukes Satan when tempted: "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.’” We can live to eat by being nourished on God’s Word, and we can’t actually over indulge on this spiritual fuel. In fact, it will provide relief and peace . . . “taste and see” that this is true by sitting at the banquet table of His Word.
“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work” (John 4:34).
We simply need to dig in, and one way of doing that is by praying. God’s Word is how He feeds us and communicates with us. This spiritual nourishment is also provided by LPA (and us) by doing God’s will and helping to bring His work of salvation to completion. We can be nourished not only by what we take in, but also by what we give out for God! Please join me in giving through prayer for Luis, Andrew, and the Palau team as they share God’s banquet table with the nation and the world! Then in satisfaction, as Psalm 34:8 ends, we will be blessed and take refuge in Him!
Feasting with you in God’s Word and prayer,
"Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him God the Father has placed his seal of approval” (John 6:27).
REGIONAL PRAYER REPORTS
Please open and pray for the people and events represented:
- Africa | Progress in Abidjan for Cote d’Ivoire Festival in February 2019 | Report
- Asia | Blessing over a new Easter book, prayers with new country laws toward evangelism | Report
- North America | Festival on June 20 and NGA conference the week after| Report
- Europe | Andrew’s in the UK for [email protected] Park in Sunbury on June 17 | Report
- Central & South America | Praise for March for Jesus in Brazil; August Festival in Bogota | Report
- Caribbean | Celebrating Father’s Day in Jamaica! Introducing the Father through Jesus on June 17 | Report
PRAISES & PRAYERS
- TBN Special: Luis, Andrew, and Kevin spent a full day recently with TBN recording interviews for a special on Luis’ life. The plan is for the 1-2 hour special to air near the release of the movie this fall.
- City Gospel Movements: Kevin and the team had a great meeting this past week in NYC talking about how CGM and MOVEMENT.ORG can work together to encourage and accelerate City Gospel Movements around the globe.
- NGA had a great week of planning and strategizing with Alan and Vicki Greene and the LifeLight crew as they take on an even greater role within the NGA family. The NGA team is also deep in planning for the Amplify Conference in Chicago at the end of June.
- Brazil: Andrew and the team had an amazingly fruitful time. Go to www.palau.org if you missed the report. Read the full news story here.
- UK: Andrew is in Sunbury, England for the [email protected] Park festival this coming week. Pray for the local churches and our UK team as they prepare for this great festival on June 17. It seems to be the start of great things for the UK.
- West Michigan: Andrew heads straight to Michigan after his trip to the UK to proclaim the Good News at the Big Ticket Festival on June 20 in Gaylord, Michigan. It’s the first of many outreaches planned for the area this summer.
- Eugene: The mass media campaign is in full swing and the festival is less than 50 days away!
- Palau Movie: The movie team hopes to have a rough cut of the movie next week. A few great stories came out in the media this past week: CBN's story & Christian Post's story.
Please forward this email to your praying friends and invite them to join us. They can sign up at www.nationalprayerteam.org to receive future emails and prayer requests. If it helps, print out the requests and keep them in a spot where you’ll remember to pray. (It helps me!)
Enjoy being refreshed daily as you feast on His Holy Word! Thank you for joining us in prayer!