"God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7
Dear Praying Friends,
As we all know, this earth is groaning and fear is prevalent! Hurricanes and floods are hitting the Caribbean and the southeastern states. Fires are raging out west. North Korea is a real threat. And earthquakes have recently rocked Mexico and Japan!
We also have personal concerns and fears for ourselves, our loved ones, and our divided country. Who are we going to call on and cry out to? To our Almighty God, the Holy Spirit who resides in each one of us with His power, His strength, and His grace which is sufficient!!! How? Through prayer!
Prayer can calm an anxious mind and fill our hearts with peace. When we’re anxious we can present our requests to God. It’s a truth to transform our fearful minds to peace.
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let you requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (1 Philippians 4:6-7).
Faith is also essential. I experience a crisis of faith when my words and my attitude get out of line. I tell myself as I pray that I’m seeking His will, but am I complaining and afraid?
“Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believe that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:22-24).
He wants us to cry out to Him, to give Him our requests without fear.
We can be confident in knowing He hears us because His Word is truth! He gives us 365 “fear nots” in His Word; one for every day of the year.
“I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears" (2 Kings 20:5).
Read Psalm 91 today and be blessed. He is faithful to be our refuge and our strength to hear and to answer us. Corrie ten Boom used to say, “When the train goes through a tunnel and the world gets dark, do you jump out? Of course not. You sit still and trust the engineer to get you through.”
Trust and center your heart on Him. Do you know what verse is the center of the Bible? “It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man” (Psalm 118:5).
Trust Him to guide you, protect you and guard your heart and mind through Christ. “Do not fear anything except the Lord Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear Him, you need for nothing else. He will keep you safe” (Isaiah 8: 13-14a).
Let us trust Him in prayer: Together, Asking, Seeking, Knocking. We can pray without fear for our communities, our nation and our world in all circumstances in how He is at work in us and in the Palau ministry. Luis, Andrew, and our Palau team are hard at work in our nation and around the world showering the love of Jesus through preaching the Gospel truth! Below are our current praise and prayer requests. Thank YOU for praying for them in the name of Jesus and through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Kneeling in the Gap with YOU in Peace,
- NGA Sioux Falls | Our Next Generation Alliance (NGA) team had a fruitful time with partner evangelist Alan Greene in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, a few weeks ago, including an NGA conference with 50 evangelists, pastors, and ministry leaders. They also took part in Alan Greene’s CityFest event, which included prison outreaches, a women’s event, a multi-cultural event, and an evangelistic youth rally.
- Bible Conference & Church Speaking | Luis recently had a great time teaching at Mount Hermon in California, Southwest Bible and Beaverton Foursquare Church in Portland, Oregon, and Willowdale Chapel in conjunction with the Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. We praise God and pray for those who were challenged in their faith and for those who made a first-time commitment to Jesus.
- Eugene, Oregon | Plans for CityFest in Eugene, Oregon (July 2018) also continue to move forward. Pray for Randy and the team as they continue to work with locals on mobilization. There is real excitement for the campaign, including great media coverage.
- Bogotá, Colombia | Dates for the Bogotá, Colombia festival have been locked in for August 17-18, 2018. We’ll also be leading a vision tour during that time. Details of the tour are still being established.
- Grand Rapids, Michigan | Our team in Grand Rapids, Michigan have made some great progress with committees, local media and logistical plans. Dates for the festival are tentatively set for September 7-8, 2018.
- September 17 | Luis preaching at Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas (Spanish service), Andrew preaching at Willamette Christian Church in Eugene, and Kevin sharing at 1st Baptist Eugene.
- October 23-30 | Andrew leading Love Côte d’Ivoire Festival in West Africa. Pray for God’s wisdom and perseverance for the team through logistical challenges.
- November 11-19 | Andrew leading La Matanza Festival in Argentina. Pray for the team as the engage churches and prepare for the major campaign.
REGIONAL PRAYER REPORTS
God is working mightily throughout our world. We see it every day. Below are links to encouraging and uplifting reports from the field. Please open and pray for the people/events represented:
- Africa | The battle for souls intensifies in Cote d'Ivoire | Read more
- Asia | New ministry tool for China nears completion | Read more
- North America | Tremendous breakthrough in Eugene and Grand Rapids | Read more
- Europe | Ongoing open doors in the UK, Macedonia, and beyond | Read more
- Central & South America | Countdown to major festival in Argentina | Read more
- Caribbean | Urgent prayer in the wake of Hurricane Irma | Read more