GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!
“And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth” (John 1:14).
Dear Praying Friends,
Christmas Greetings! It’s called the most wonderful time of the year!
It’s full of busyness; decorations, shopping, mailing cards and packages, baking, wrapping, the list goes on and on! But it’s also a time to hit pause, reflect and see the real meaning to the season . . . God’s glory made evident by the birth of his Son! Glory is defined as high renown, honor, splendor, and great beauty. I challenge you to also define glory as evidence. God’s glory is evident in:
- Something that appears (as in a cloud, Exodus 16:10)
- Being revealed (all mankind will see it, Isaiah 40:5)
- Something that can be seen (miraculous signs God performed in Egypt, Numbers 14:22)
- The ark of the covenant (1 Samuel 4:21-22)
- Solomon’s temple (1 Kings 8:11)
- Nature – the whole earth! (Isaiah 6:3)
- Man – that’s us, created in God’s image! (1 Cor 11:7)
- The birth of Christ! (Luke 2:9)
And those are only a few examples, the Bible is full of them! Glory equals evidence! God himself in his glory is evidence to who He is, and who we are! He’s glorified when we come to him and we show ourselves as his disciples (John 15:8). God’s glory is the revelation of his character and presence, and as his disciples, we reveal his character and presence to the world (John 17:10)! Is my life, is your life showing evidence of God’s glory?
As God’s glory shines brightly in the celebration of Him coming down from heaven in human form as Jesus, are we testifying and being bold to make him known? 1 Peter 4:11 reminds us, “If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone sees, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.”
This is what the Palau team is doing daily! It’s evident and is a glorious sight to see! Will you praise God with me in how God is working through them and pray for them daily?
Please open the regional reports below for more details on how they're glorifying God and being evident to who He is around the world. Romans 1:20 reminds us, “For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” The Palau team is making Jesus evident so no one will have an excuse! Let’s pray together for LPA as they (and we too) boldly witness as evidence for all the world to see Jesus as their Savor, the best gift of all for eternity! Merry CHRISTmas!
Glorifying Jesus in prayer,
REGIONAL PRAYER REPORTS
Please open and pray for the people and events represented:
- Africa | Thanking the Lord for the harvest in Cote d'Ivoire | Report
- Asia | Celebrating Christmas in China | Report
- North America | Exciting new development for upcoming festivals | Report
- Europe | Praise for recent trip to U.K. and new areas reached in Europe | Report
- Central & South America | Praise for Argentina; looking forward to Colombia and Mexico | Report
- Caribbean | Continued prayers for islands devastated by storms and potential Cuba opportunity | Report
Look at what God has made evident through LPA so far this year:
- March | Major evangelistic festival in Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- April | Region-wide evangelistic campaign saturating California’s Central Valley with the Gospel, culminating a 2-day festival in Fresno.
- May | Week-long “More to Life” campaign in the United Kingdom.
- June | Evangelist training in Chicago, Illinois, as well as evangelistic rally in Nantucket, Massachusetts.
- July-August | Multiple speaking opportunities at mission conferences along the West Coast of the United States.
- September | Evangelistic outreaches in Houston, Texas; Lancaster, Pennsylvania; and Omaha, Nebraska.
- October | Gatherings for church leaders in London as well as massive evangelistic festivals in Côte d’Ivoire.
- November | Evangelistic festival in La Matanza, Argentina - one of the poorest and most densely populated regions of Argentina.
- December l Openly sharing the gospel in China
- December | Next Generation Alliance (NGA) is having small group outreaches in Moldova
- January l Pastor’s Prayer Summit in Grand Rapids
- February l National meeting of pastors in Colombia
Please forward this email to your praying friends and invite them to join us. They can sign up at www.nationalprayerteam.org to receive future emails and prayer requests. If it helps, print out the requests and keep them in a spot where you’ll remember to pray. (It helps me!)
Mark your calendars NOW for our one hour quarterly conference prayer call where we can pray together; January 23, 1 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Details to follow!
Thank you for glorifying Jesus in your prayers and for keeping Luis, Andrew, and the Palau team in your prayers too as they make Jesus evident through the Good News of the Gospel!
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men” (Luke 2:14).