Basking in Love
“Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. 1 John 4:11-12 NLT
Dear Praying Friends,
Summertime is the season of weddings and love is certainly in the air! Our Palau CEO Kevin (and Michelle) Palau’s son Daniel was just recently married to Laney on August 6th; which also was Luis and Pat Palau’s 55th wedding anniversary! Our own daughter Lindsey is getting married in less than 2 weeks! Love, commitment, celebrations and festivities abound! Each of us can take this joy personally as we commit ourselves to Jesus as our bridegroom and bask in His love for us, as well as pass His love on to others by sharing the Good News. It’s a prayer we can pray as Andrew and the Palau team leave for Malawi, Africa this week to share Jesus' love at the Love Malawi Festival!
Jamaica | It was the “Fun in the Son" 14th consecutive year in sharing the Good News in Jamaica! What a blessing as thousands heard the Gospel through multiple venues: in prisons, sports camps, health clinics, schools, orphanages, and a women’s tea . . . all in addition to the festival itself. Tens of thousands came, heard Jesus’ love and message proclaimed, and many lives were changed forever!
Washington, D.C. | "Together 2016" took place on July 16th at the National Mall. More than 100,000 came from all over the country to worship, celebrate and share Jesus’ love!
Malawi | The Love Malawi Festival is NOW through August 21st! Andrew and the Palau team, along with more than 20 volunteers, are on their way to love the people there and share the Good News. The nationwide campaign is launched! It will involve more than 3 weeks of evangelism and outreach, with Andrew and several partner evangelists. Publicity is already up all over the nation. Pray for great awareness, large crowds, and thousands of changed lives. And, pray for the safety of everyone involved.
Here is the general schedule of events:
- August 12-14: Blantyre Festival with Richard Hamlet
- August 12-14: Dzaleka Refugee Camp with Alan Greene and Andrew Palau
- August 12-14: Zomba Festival with Reid Saunders
- August 15-21: Lilongwe Festival with Andrew Palau
Other prayer items and outreaches:
- Luis will speak at Southwest Bible Church in the Portland area (August 14)
- Luis will also be speaking at a major evangelistic rally and pastors conference in New Jersey (August 19-20)
- Andrew is holding an outreach in Culver, Oregon (August 28)
- Luis and Andrew will both be speaking at national conference for Spanish-speaking evangelists in New York City (Sept 9-10)
- Please pray for plans as they are finalized for Luis’ involvement in a major outreach in Tegucigalpa, Honduras (September 24-25)
- · Pray for ongoing plans for Fresno CityFest (festival set for March 2017)
Please open the below reports for more prayer requests:
Caribbean | Debbie Jamison, Glenda Kraus | Report > > >
North America | Vicky Burgess, Michelle Palau | Report > > >
Africa | Gita Santangelo, Kheri Schaar | Report > > >
Europe | Caryn Ogle, Kim Grimberg | Report > > >
Forward this email to your praying friends and invite them to join us! They can sign up at www.nationalprayerteam.org to receive future emails and prayer requests. If it helps, print out the requests and keep them in a spot where you’ll remember to pray (it helps me)!
Thank you for praying for Luis and Andrew and the team as they minister around the world to transform lives for eternity in Jesus! Let’s put on the mind of Christ and place His love for us in our hearts as we lift up the Palau ministry through our prayers, in the hope and love of Jesus Christ!
In Jesus’ Love,
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love. Ephesians 3:16-17