Hi Praying Friends,
One of my favorite verses in the Bible, my life verse, is Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and he will make your paths straight.” Notice it’s to trust Him with ALL your heart in ALL your ways and HE WILL (not maybe) make your paths (plural) straight.
I’m claiming this verse for Luis and the team in NYC as they daily fight the good fight and persevere to bring the Good News to this diverse, international world center of a city. Pray like you’ve never prayed before! Our nation is at a crossroads and this time in history in NYC can spark a revival like never before! We humbly claim the work of the Holy Spirit, trusting in the Lord’s leading for His guidance and protection!
Praise God with us as over 150,000 people have taken part in outreach and service events this Spring in the greater NYC area, and at least 3,600 decisions for Jesus have been made!! OUR GOD IS AMAZING!
Celebrate more joyous work from just this last week:
• At NY CityFest on Long Island with Andrew, 11,000 people from a beautiful array of communities streamed into Eisenhower Park! 138 new decisions were made to join God’s family.
• Luis and his daughter-in-law, Wendy Palau, shared about God’s love with 400 Spanish speaking women at a Ladies Breakfast in Manhattan. Pray for 79 women who made a first time decision to follow Christ.
• “Night Talk with Luis Palau” aired over 4 nights last week. The broadcast went out to millions of people in dozens of countries throughout the Spanish-speaking world.
Join us in praying for this coming week:
• Pray for the last minute details for the Manhattan Children’s Parade on June 20th. Luis will present a message of hope to kids and their families… that many come to know Christ!
• Pray for last minute details at NY CityFest Canarsie (Brooklyn) at Seaview Park this Saturday. Pray for safety over the Action Sports athletes and evangelists.
• Pray for Andrew and Luis on Father’s Day this Sunday as Andrew speaks at Gateway Church on Staten Island and Luis at on outreach in Ocean Grove NJ.
• Pray for the Spanish Eventos Afines events this coming week in Queens, Long Island, NJ, The Bronx and Brooklyn.
I was blessed by the prayers this last Tuesday. What kept going through my mind as the regional women brought up prayer is the power behind those prayers. If God was still writing the Bible there would have been the verses that said that the Holy Spirit moved in the prayers of the women online for the NYC event!! I feel prayer releases the power of the Holy Spirit to move and intercede as God wills. The fruits of all the prayers for this event will not be revealed until we are all in Heaven!
Be blessed and join us, pass this on to your praying friends, experience the power of the Holy Spirit at work in your life, your community, NYC and our nation for a lasting ripple effect!
Running on the straight path with you,
“Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Phil.3:13b-14