Hello National Women’s Prayer Team!
John 13:34 says: “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you
must love one another. By this, all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one
another.” Such love is revolutionary!
Let our love bring unbelievers to Christ and keep believers strong and unified by following His
example of love. Let’s express His love by bringing the body of Jesus together in unity. Let’s tap
into the power we have of the Holy Spirit in us!
- In 14 meetings across the five boroughs and Long Island, we met with more than 700 leaders who seemed very engaged with the vision. We also uncovered some new networks of pastors that we did not know about.
- Kevin Palau and Sam Adams met with nearly 30 leaders on May 19 who seemed very supportive and interested in getting involved with NY CityServe. Kevin and Sam also led several other meetings, one with NYC mayor di Blasio and the co-chair of his mayoral transition team, Jennifer Jones Austin, who agreed to be on the team.
- 120 Pastors attended a Manhattan lunch on May 20th
- Jim Cymbala from Brooklyn Tabernacle and Tim Keller from Redeemer Presbyterian joined the Advisory Council.
- Kevin and Tim Innes joined our Latin team in a meeting with the top 10 Latin leaders in NYC.
- Progress was made on continuing to build the overall executive team. There is still work to be done but a good foundation is starting to emerge.
- Unity in the body of Christ.
- Follow-up from this month’s borough meetings.
- Alaska team as they prep for the festival and then prepare to join the work in NYC.
- Church relations team as they work to spread out more over next 3 months to bring more churches to the table.