Greetings Praying Friends in the Southeast,
God’s Word says,
"I looked for a man who would build up the wall and stand before Me in the gap on behalf of the land." Ezekiel 22:30
Thank you for standing before Jesus, in the gap, on behalf of the people of Manhattan and the Palau team working alongside them to spread Good News in The City!
1. Thank God for the provisionary approval for Central Park JULY 11, 2015!
2. Praise God for a WONDERFUL weekend of youth events in Queens, Manhattan & New Jersey. Saturday, 3/14, over 1000 youth gathered in Manhattan to lift up the name of Jesus and to be challenged by what His love & grace can empower them to do for His Kingdom!
3. Praise for 10 Manhattan Churches that were able to participate in the Chinese New Year's Parade on Feb. 22nd. This opportunity allowed them to hand out thousands of tracts and let the community know they are there for them.
Prayer Points from Kevin Palau, our Manhattan area coordinator:
1. Pray for the final logistics in process to lock in Central Park JULY 11, 2015. Pray for favor with the Production Teams and Park Department as these details are worked out.
2. Prayer over all logistical details for the main festival as well as the multiple mini festivals & service projects taking place.
3. Pray for unity among area churches, pastors and believers as they seek to make an impact for the Kingdom.
4. Ask God to provide for the "Right to Gather" as the people of NY wait on the NY Supreme Court's decision regarding the right for churches to meet in public school rooms for worship.
5. May God grant Creativity for the Advertising/PR campaign and provide favor with the Media.
6. Ask God for wisdom for Kevin Palau as director for Manhattan.
7. Lift up the Latino Team mobilizing.
8. March 28 is Nyack College Service Day, pray for reach of the 10-12 sites around the city where teams of believers are gathering to bless their communities by meeting practical needs.
9. Ask for God’s favor over the fundraising dinner, taking place in Manhattan, with Luis Palau, Mark Burnett and Roma Downey on March 30th.
"O Lord, God of heaven,"
We are Your watchmen on the wall, standing in the gap on behalf of Manhattan today and we continue to "pray in the Spirit, as Your Word says, "on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." Ephesians 6:18
After decades of faithfully following Jesus, Martyn Lloyd Jones concluded that "Everything we do in the Christian life is easier than prayer." We know, Lord, there is a spiritual battle taking place and the enemy wants to keep us from interceding. We see in Your Word, Lord, that when JESUS faced the most intense spiritual battle of His existence in the Garden of Gethsemane, He was busy praying. We pray we would be like JESUS...busy praying.
As Hebrews 4:16 declares :
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
We lift up Kevin Palau to You, representing MANHATTAN, and pray Your redemptive Word over him. May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon Kevin and his leadership team. Establish the work of (their) hands in this great borough and teach Kevin to number his days aright, that he may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12,17)
Spread Your protection over Your servants and Central Park, the Production Teams, the advertising campaign and the Media, that those who love Your Name may rejoice in You. For surely, O Lord, You bless the righteous; You surround them with Your favor as with a shield. (Psalm 5:11-12)
We thank You for the National Prayer Team interceding on behalf of NYC and the glorious harvest on the way. We know no plan of Yours can be thwarted. He who calls you, Kevin, is faithful, and He will do it. (1 Thessalonians 5:24)
Father God, as the proclamation of the Gospel in Central Park is 4 months from tomorrow, Your Word declares 'The Lord will indeed give what is good, and (NYC) will yield its harvest. Righteousness goes before Him, and prepares the way for His steps.' (Psalms 85:12-13)
We praise you for the events this past weekend, For This City! One generation will commend Your works to another; they will tell of Your mighty acts. (Psalm 145:4)
Hebrews 10:24-25 says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as we see the Day approaching."
Lord God, we know Matthew 18:19 says, "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done by My Father in heaven." We join in agreement over all these requests this afternoon: Ask of Me, Luis and the LPA Campaign in NYC and the tri-state area, and I will make the Nations Your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. (Psalm 2:8).
In Jesus Christ's Name we pray. Amen.